Yamaha’s GYTR (Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing) released new 2018 performance for enhancing products for the YZF-R1 and YZF-R6 designed specifically for “closed circuit use”.
GYTR are renowned for their involvement in Yamaha’s off-road racing package, with the YEC focusing on road racing. But now, GTYR and YEC have teamed up to become one global brand and have created new 2018 performance products.
Yamaha say the new products will take the on-track performance to “another level” and will “give every racer the chance the to achieve the motorcycle’s complete potential on track".
The products will be available from April and include the following a wide range of GYTR parts and partner branded parts.
Yamaha have already revealed a small selection of the GYTR catalogue including:
• Race ECU - optimises fuel level for maximum performance
• Wire harness assembly - lightweight race dedicated wire harness
• Spark plug set - contributes to higher engine power output
• Air funnel set - improves intake airflow
• Camshaft - higher lift to improve power output
• Pistons & con-rods - maintain uniform piston weight in engine
• Race ready wheels - wheels are delivered with all bearings, seals and rotors included. Rear wheel also
includes brake disc
And also, a list of partner branded parts offered by Yamaha:
• Akrapovic race exhaust systems
• Öhlins front and rear suspension
• Öhlins steering damper
• Gilles axle protection kits
• Gilles crankcase protection kits
• Gilles FIM regulated parts (required for racing)
o Shark fin chain protector
o Front brake lever guard